Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Comment From Reader

I'm still working on Part 4 of my experience and hopefully will post it tomorrow. What surprised me about this blog was when I started receiving comments from people about what they had gone through and their experiences.

Talking about loss does not change or diminish the losses we've had - it helps us grieve and renews hope.

The individual will remain annoymous to respect privacy. I would like to thank this person for giving me permission to post it.

Thank you so much for posting this up. I know I'm not a dad and I would never understand what you have been through. Your story reminded me of my cousin. I keep on telling my newly married friends to not take things for granted.

My Cousin has been married for years and been trying for a long time. It just didn't work out. She went IVF. She went from working a great job to changing in becoming a retail office manager just so she can take the time off to go to the clinics to get IVF done. We're not talking about once, twice ...

Their family went through years of IVF, to a point where the husband sold his company to finance IVF. It's how much he loved his wife.

For a good 8+ years with no results, she just couldn't bear it no more. Having a women sit in those hospital 'aprons' and having to walk on the cold tiles was something she could never forget.

They finally gave up after 8+ years. Next thing you know, the firstborn of her baby girl was born. Followed by a boy and now her 3rd child just turned 2. She's turning 40 this year.

Thank you for posting up your stories, it's a huge wake up call for a lot of those out there who takes this baby thing for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment