Monday, March 7, 2011

Where have I been for the last year?




I started writing this blog within days after losing our 8th (or 9th) pregnancy. I was writing it because quite frankly, it felt good to talk about it. Dare I say it was almost as good as a cold beer on a hot day.

So I imagine you're wondering what changed. Well as I was reading thru my blog one day it brought back some painful memories and I could not contain myself. I made a knee-jerk decision and went the route of sticking my head in the sand. For a while, pretending that everything was fine was working. Since this blog brought on those feelings, ignoring it seemed logical, Spock logical.

Unfortunately, I still had reality to contend with, and after a few more losses, I realized that once again I was being an idiot (idjit as my wife calls me sometimes) and needed to get back to reality. I *KNOW* I can't run away from it, yet I tried anyway.

So yes! I will be writing again very shortly. I've decided to change a few things - firstly I originally thought remaining nameless would protect me but I realize that's stupid. I am open about this around my friends and family.

So a little about me: my name is Minh Tran. If you're one of those Facebook creepers and if you can find me on Facebook please feel free to friend me (make sure you mention this blog or I won't add you). Warning though: Minh Tran is the Vietnamese equivalent to John Smith. My wife's name is April, and yes, my wife is white (I married the whitest white girl as her mom said once). I may include a few details about my life in future posts, but I think i'm a fairly boring person so I don't see the need to write a bio or anything (yet).

My next post will be about the most horrific (yet very awesome) thing i've ever witnessed in my life: the birth of my son. I sometimes refer to him as our miracle child because that's what it felt like to finally see him come into the world.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bizzare that the day I decide to go thru my favorites is the day you decide to write.

    Looking forward to hear about your miracle baby!!!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete