Saturday, March 13, 2010

RPL - Pregnancy 5

It's been over a month since I continued on with our saga... my wife has harassed me to post something. Even going so far as to show the posts a mom on her wedding forum made asking me to not leave everyone hanging!!

I do owe an apology if I've left anyone hanging..

So my wife left a pregnancy test on the desk infront of me. It was positive. Again, with guarded hope... I quietly cheered. We marked the pregnancy test with the date and kept it. Every other day, she would do another pregnancy test and they were progressively getting darker! We marked these ones as well with dates and to this day still have them. Now that I think about it, it's kind of sick to keep around - these things got pee'd on.

Over the next few weeks, my wife would go and get Beta HCG tests and for once, things were looking good with a pregnancy! HCG levels were doubling as they should - my wife was still on the penis supositories. We had an ultrasound at 5 weeks, 6 days - believe me, I had to ask my wife this. I can barely remember birthdays...

The ultrasound was to look for a heartbeat. As a guy, I had no idea what to look for. The monitor looked like static. My wife said she immediately saw the hearbeat. I'll be honest, I had to wait for the ultrasound tech to point out the blinking dot to me. Apparently that is a heartbeat!!!

For us to have made it this far was incredible - up until now, we had never seen a heartbeat. Again, we kept it quiet and to ourselves for the most part. Only a few people knew - not my parents, not my in laws, siblings, etc. It's hard to be so excited and yet not talk about it. Everytime someone asked if we were pregnant, I would nearly explode from trying to keep the news to myself!

Then a telltale day... my wife started spotting at 9-10 weeks.

... to be continued later today. I have to go make breakfast and then pickup a backyard playground for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment